- John Hodgman's talk at Google - as part of the Authors@Google series, Hodgman and Coulton appear [November 2008]
- Hodgman's TED Talk: "Aliens, love -- where are they?" - a more serious performance by Hodgman, but still awesome. (There is also a version with Chinese subtitles. Hodgmaniac will also have a Chinese version, as soon as the TED translator comes by and converts the site for us.) [February 2008]
- All Hodgman Daily Show appearances (on the Comedy Central site) (plus some extraneous non-appearances in which he is just mentioned like the Drew Barrymore interview in which Jon Stewart discovers that Drew is not dating Hodgman after all)
- Just the "You're Welcome" segment videos
- Hodgman's first appearance on the Daily Show - promoting The Areas of My Expertise [November 2005]
- Hodgman on the Net Neutrality Act - John Hodgman explains the Internet, and how it is not a series of tubes [July 2006]
- Hodgman at Cody's - One of my favorites is this bookstore appearance with Jonathan Coulton, promoting the paperback version of The Areas of My Expertise
- Hodgman's 2009 appearance at the 2009 Radio and TV Correspondents' Dinner where he roasted President Obama.
They Might Be Giants' Venue Songs DVD/CD set, Hodgman portrayed the Deranged Millionaire, the archnemesis of They Might Be Giants, who forced them to write a new song about each of the venues they visited on their Venue Song tour.
- Hodgman co-stars in Huge Pacino a short comedy video, satirizing cop films. [August 2010]
A really long interview with Hodgman - though it demonstrates Hodgman's uninterviewability. Skip to about the ten-minute mark to get to John's entrance. Around 1:42 (yes, one hour and 42 minutes in), he starts to introduce his reading from a David Foster Wallace essay, citing DFW as a massive influence, particularly on his use of footnotes.As noted in the comments, this interview has been pared down to a much shorter audio program. [June 2010]
Friday, November 12, 2010
John Hodgman videos
This is not an exhaustive listing of recordings of Hodgman in motion, but it's a pretty damned good list: